- Present participle of compare.
The definition of comparing means noting the similarities and differences between multiple things.
An example of comparing is listing the differences between two poems.
- Bordeaux wasn't like her father, and it wasn't fair to keep comparing them.
- She powered it up and began comparing her notes with the cases cited in the article.
- Thus comparing the Nearctic and Palaearctic floras we find striking differences overlying the points of agreement already indicated.
- Comparing the si tatements of Pliny with the facts still observable in the district, 0
- Asconius Pedianus and Thrasea Paetus were natives of the town; and Quintilian speaks of the directness and simplicity of their diction as Patavinitas, comparing it with the artificial obscurity of the writers of Rome itself.