- The definition of prophetic is relating to telling the future.
An example of prophetic writing is the Book of Revelations in the Bible.
prophetic definition by Webster's New World
- of, or having the powers of, a prophet
- of, having the nature of, or containing a prophecy: a prophetic utterance
- that predicts or foreshadows
Origin: Middle French prophetique ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin propheticus ; from Classical Greek prophētikos
- prophetically adverb
prophetic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, belonging to, or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy: prophetic books.
- Foretelling events as if by divine inspiration: casual words that proved prophetic.
- pro·phetˈi·cal·ly adverb
- pro·phetˈi·cal·ness noun