- Presently is defined as something that is going on right now, or at this present moment.
If you are currently in your home at this is an example moment, this is an example of a situation where you are presently at home.
presently definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- in a little while; soon
- at present; now: a usage objected to by some
- Archaic at once; instantly
presently definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- In a short time; soon: She will arrive presently.
- Usage Problem At this time or period; now: He is presently staying with us.
- Archaic At once; immediately.