- The definition of pinpoint is something that is accurate and precise, or something that is very tiny.
- A tiny beam of light is an example of something that would be described as pinpoint of light.
- A microscope that allows you to see tiny organisms with 100 percent accuracy is an example of a microscope that would be described as having pinpoint accuracy.
- Pinpoint is defined as a tiny dot or the point of a pin.
When a tiny light shines out through a small hole in the door, this is an example of a pinpoint.
- To pinpoint means to identify or locate exactly.
When you locate the exact location of a place you are visiting, this is an example of when you pinpoint the location on the map.
pinpoint definition by Webster's New World
- to show the location of (a place on a map, etc.) by sticking in a pin
- to locate, define, or focus on precisely
- the point of a pin
- something trifling or insignificant
- minute, exact, precise, etc.
- very fine in texture: said of textiles: pinpoint oxford cloth
pinpoint definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Something extremely small or trifling.
- A very small or sharp point: a pinpoint of light.
- A point on a map marking a precise location or target.
- To locate or identify with precision.
- To take precise aim at: pinpoint a target.
- To direct attention to: We pinpointed the flaws in his argument.
- Meticulously precise: measured the line with pinpoint accuracy.
- Extremely small; minuscule: pinpoint creatures.