Pinpoint is defined as a tiny dot or the point of a pin.noun
When a tiny light shines out through a small hole in the door, this is an example of a pinpoint.
The definition of pinpoint is something that is accurate and precise, or something that is very tiny.adjective
- A tiny beam of light is an example of something that would be described as pinpoint of light.
- A microscope that allows you to see tiny organisms with 100 percent accuracy is an example of a microscope that would be described as having pinpoint accuracy.
To pinpoint means to identify or locate exactly.verb
When you locate the exact location of a place you are visiting, this is an example of when you pinpoint the location on the map.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- to show the location of (a place on a map, etc.) by sticking in a pin
- to locate, define, or focus on precisely
- the point of a pin
- something trifling or insignificant
- minute, exact, precise, etc.
- very fine in texture: said of textiles: pinpoint oxford cloth
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Something extremely small or trifling.
- A very small or sharp point: a pinpoint of light.
- A point on a map marking a precise location or target.
- To locate or identify with precision.
- To take precise aim at: pinpoint a target.
- To direct attention to: We pinpointed the flaws in his argument.
- Meticulously precise: measured the line with pinpoint accuracy.
- Extremely small; minuscule: pinpoint creatures.