- of or according to philosophy or philosophers
- devoted to or learned in philosophy
- like or suited for a philosopher
- sensibly composed or calm, as in a difficult situation; rational
Origin of philosophicalClassical Latin philosophicus from Classical Greek philosophikos
- Of, relating to, or based on a system of philosophy.
- Characteristic of a philosopher, as in equanimity, enlightenment, and wisdom.
(comparative more philosophical, superlative most philosophical)
From philosophy +"Ž -ical, from Ancient Greek Ï†Î¹Î»Î¿ÏƒÎ¿Ï†Î¯Î± (philosophia, “love of knowledge, scientific learning")