- to seize suddenly; snatch or steal
- to arrest or catch (a felon or wrongdoer)
Origin of nab; from thieves' slang (16th-17th circa ) probably variant, variety of dialect, dialectal nap, to snatch ; from Scand, as in Danish nappe, Swedish nappa, to snatch
- naval air base
- New American Bible
transitive verbnabbed, nab·bing, nabs Informal
- To seize (a fugitive or wrongdoer); arrest.
- To grab; snatch.
Origin of nabPerhaps variant of dialectal nap, to seize, probably of Scandinavian origin.
(third-person singular simple present nabs, present participle nabbing, simple past and past participle nabbed)
- (banking) National Australia Bank.
- National Association of Broadcasters.