The pike of Ama Dablam is known for it's beauty.
- An example of a summit is the top of the mountain.
- An example of the summit is the highest point in a person's career.
The summit is the peak or highest point.
- the highest point, part, or elevation; top or apex
- the highest degree or state; acme
- the highest level of officials; specif., in connection with diplomatic negotiations, the level restricted to heads of government: a meeting at the summit
- a conference at the summit
Origin of summitMiddle English sommete from OFr, diminutive of som, summit from Classical Latin summum, highest part from summus, highest: see sum
of the heads of government: a summit parley
to climb to the summit of (a mountain)
- The highest point or part; the top.
- The highest level or degree that can be attained.
- a. The highest level, as of government officials.b. A conference or meeting of high-level leaders, usually called to shape a program of action.
verbsum·mit·ed, sum·mit·ing, sum·mits
To climb to the summit of (a mountain).
To climb to the summit.
Origin of summitMiddle English somet from Old French sommette diminutive of som top from Latin summum from neuter of summus highest ; see uper in Indo-European roots.
(third-person singular simple present summits, present participle summiting, simple past and past participle summited)
- (hiking, climbing, colloquial) To reach the summit of a mountain.