Origin of somKirghiz
Origin of somKyrgyz som, and Uzbek so‘m, from Chuvash som, number, count, Russian ruble (in medieval times, probably originally applied to the silver bars or ingots commonly used as currency by the Golden Horde ), from Proto-Turkic *sān, number, count, from *sā, to speak, count.
- MOS, mos', moś, OMS, oms, SMO
som - Computer Definition
(1) (System-On-Module) See computer-on-module.
(2) (Schema Object Model) A programming interface (API) from Microsoft for accessing XML schemas, introduced with MSXML 4.0. See MSXML.
(3) (System Object Model) An object architecture from IBM that provides a full implementation of the CORBA standard. SOM is language independent and is supported by a variety of large compiler and application development vendors. DSOM (Distributed SOM) allows objects to be used across the network.
(4) (Self Organizing Map) A two-dimensional map that shows relationships in a neural network.
som - Investment & Finance Definition
The currency unit of Kyrgyzstan, comprised of 100 tyiyn.