Origin of somKirghiz the basic monetary unit of Kyrgyzstan
Origin of somUzbek s?m the basic monetary unit of Uzbekistan:
Origin of somKyrgyz som and Uzbek so'm from Chuvash som number, count, Russian ruble ( in medieval times, probably originally applied to the silver bars or ingots commonly used as currency by the Golden Horde ) from Proto-Turkic sān number, count from sā to speak, count
- MOS, mos', moś, OMS, oms, SMO
som - Computer Definition
(1) (System-On-Module) See computer-on-module.
(2) (Schema Object Model) A programming interface (API) from Microsoft for accessing XML schemas, introduced with MSXML 4.0. See MSXML.
(3) (System Object Model) An object architecture from IBM that provides a full implementation of the CORBA standard. SOM is language independent and is supported by a variety of large compiler and application development vendors. DSOM (Distributed SOM) allows objects to be used across the network.
(4) (Self Organizing Map) A two-dimensional map that shows relationships in a neural network.
som - Investment & Finance Definition
The currency unit of Kyrgyzstan, comprised of 100 tyiyn.