- pl. -·lis or -·li a member of a people of Somalia and neighboring regions
- the Eastern Cushitic language of this people
- pl. -·lis or -·li any of a breed of domestic cat developed from the Abyssinian and similar to members of that breed except for the coat, which is of medium length
Origin of Somalifrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps
nounpl. Somali, or So·ma·lis
- A native or inhabitant of Somalia.
- A member of a traditionally Muslim people of Somalia and adjacent parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, Eritrea, and Djibouti.
- The Cushitic language of the Somali and an official language of Somalia.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Somalia, the Somali people or language.