- a member of a Turkic people living mainly in Uzbekistan and neighboring regions
- the Turkic language of this people
of the Uzbeks or their language or culture
Of or relating to Uzbekistan or its people, language, or culture.
nounpl. Uzbeks or Uz·bek
- a. A native or inhabitant of Uzbekistan.b. A member of a Turkic people inhabiting Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
- The Turkic language of the Uzbeks.
Origin of UzbekRussian, from Uzbek ŭzbek.
- A person from Uzbekistan or of Uzbek descent.
- The language of Uzbekistan.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Uzbekistan, the Uzbek people or the Uzbek language.