A morsel of chocolate.
Morsel is a tiny piece or amount of something, especially food.
A tiny little bit of chocolate is an example of a morsel of chocolate.
- a small bite or portion of food
- a small piece or amount; bit
- a tasty dish
Origin of morselOFr, diminutive of mors ; from Classical Latin morsum, a bite, piece ; from past participle of mordere, to bite: see mordant
to divide into or distribute in small portions
- A small piece of food.
- A tasty delicacy; a tidbit.
- A small amount; a piece: a morsel of gossip.
- One that is delightful and extremely pleasing.
Origin of morselMiddle English, from Old French, diminutive of mors, bite, from Latin morsum, from neuter past participle of mord&emacron;re, to bite; see mer- in Indo-European roots.