Origin of snippetdiminutive of snip
Julian only heard a snippet of the conversation between his coworkers but it didn't sound very good.
When you overhear only a small bit of information, this is an example of a snippet of information.
- A bit, scrap, or morsel: “sparkling black bass … strewn with snippets of coriander and basil” ( Gael Greene )
- Informal A small or mischievous person.
snippet - Computer Definition
A small amount of something. In the computer field, it often refers to a small piece of program code.
- The key is to literally just take off a little bit; even a snippet will do.
- Likewise, the soundtrack from the film version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show includes the song Super Heroes, which was also from a scene that was cut and only a snippet of the tune is heard in most prints of the film.
- Military Layouts is a source for many different MySpace service themes, again with a simple cut-and-paste code snippet that goes into the "About Me" section of your MySpace home page.
- The steep price tag is why the song is rarely sung in movies or on television shows and why, when it is sung in these mediums, usually only a snippet is shown.
- Sharing your DailyMotion video files with friends through your blog or your Facebook account is as easy as copying and pasting a snippet of code.