Origin of snippetdiminutive of snip
Julian only heard a snippet of the conversation between his coworkers but it didn't sound very good.
When you overhear only a small bit of information, this is an example of a snippet of information.
- A bit, scrap, or morsel: “sparkling black bass … strewn with snippets of coriander and basil” ( Gael Greene )
- Informal A small or mischievous person.
snippet - Computer Definition
A small amount of something. In the computer field, it often refers to a small piece of program code.
- The key is to literally just take off a little bit; even a snippet will do.
- It's also unfortunate that you cannot sample the entire song, but only a short snippet from each.
- Sharing your DailyMotion video files with friends through your blog or your Facebook account is as easy as copying and pasting a snippet of code.
- A movie trailer is a short preview or a snippet of a film that is meant to get viewers excited to the see the film when it is released.
- Each summary includes a full accounting of episode details and a short snippet about what is coming next.