- as much as the mouth can hold
- as much as is usually taken into the mouth at one time
- a small amount, esp. of food
- Informal a long word or a group of words that is hard to say
- Informal a pertinent, important, or correct remark: chiefly in say a mouthful
- The amount of food or other material that can be placed or held in the mouth at one time.
- A small amount to be tasted or eaten.
- A long word, name, or phrase that is difficult to pronounce.
- An important or perceptive remark: You said a mouthful!
(plural mouthfuls or mouthsful)
mouth +"Ž -ful