- The definition of morning is used or occurring in the first part of the day.
An example of morning used as an adjective is in the phrase "morning coffee," which means coffee that is consumed in the early part of the day.
- Morning is defined as the first part of the day from midnight until noon.
An example of the morning is 8 a.m.
- the first or early part of the day, from midnight, or esp. dawn, to noon
- the first or early part: the morning of life
- the dawn; daybreak
Origin of morningMiddle English morweninge (by analogy with evening) from Old English morgen, morning, akin to German from Indo-European base an unverified form mer(e)k-, to glimmer, twilight from source obsolete Czech mrkati, to dawn, grow dark
of, in, or for the morning
- The first or early part of the day, lasting from midnight to noon or from sunrise to noon.
- The dawn.
- The first or early part; the beginning: the morning of a new nation.
Origin of morningMiddle English from morn morn ; see morn .
- A greeting said in the morning; good morning