- Good morning is defined as a polite greeting or farewell that you say to someone in the early hours of the day.
Good morning is an example of something you say to someone when you see him for the first time at 9 AM.
good morning definition by Webster's New World
Webster\'s New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
a phrase used in the morning as a greeting or farewell
good morning definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Used to express a greeting or an acknowledgment of parting in the morning.
good morning definition by Wiktionary
- Used as a greeting when meeting somebody for the first time in the morning.
- (by extension, humorous) used to greet someone who has just awakened (irrespective of the time of day).
- (by extension, informal) Said to someone who has come to a belated realization.
- A greeting said when parting from someone in the morning.
(plural good mornings)
An ellipsis for an expression such as “I wish you a good morning.”