- Good morning is defined as a polite greeting or farewell that you say to someone in the early hours of the day.
Good morning is an example of something you say to someone when you see him for the first time at 9 AM.
a phrase used in the morning as a greeting or farewell
Used to express a greeting or an acknowledgment of parting in the morning.
- Used as a greeting when meeting somebody for the first time in the morning.
- (by extension, humorous) used to greet someone who has just awakened (irrespective of the time of day).
- (by extension, informal) Said to someone who has come to a belated realization.
- A greeting said when parting from someone in the morning.
(plural good mornings)
An ellipsis for an expression such as “I wish you a good morning.”