- the daily appearance of the sun above the eastern horizon
- the varying time of this
- the atmospheric phenomena at this time
Origin of sunrisesun + rise, verb , probably in such phrases as before the sun rise
designating an industry that is growing rapidly, esp. one that is still in an early stage of development
- The event or time of the appearance of the upper circumferential edge of the sun as it rises above the horizon, typically the eastern horizon except for extreme latitudes.
- The sky as the sun rises: saw a beautiful sunrise.
- An outset or emergence: the sunrise of classical art and sculpture.
- Pertaining to an unusually early time of day.
- The sunrise-service will be at 6:30AM.