- Moisture is defined as a small amount of wetness.
When hot water runs through pipes and condensation causes the pipes to drip a little tiny bit of water on your basement floor, this resulting water is an example of moisture.
Origin of moistureOld French moisteur ; from moiste: see moist
Origin of moistureMiddle English, from Old French, from moiste, moist; see moist.
- A moderate degree of wetness. --Francis Bacon.
- That which moistens or makes damp or wet; exuding fluid;liquid in small quantity.
- All my body’s moisture Scarce serves to quench my furnace-burning heat. -William Shakespeare
- (medicine) Skin moisture noted as: dry, moist, clammy, or diaphoretic as part of the skin signs assessment