- The definition of marketing is the act and process of buying and selling.
An example of marketing is creating advertisements for a product.
marketing definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of buying or selling in a market
- all business activity involved in the moving of goods from the producer to the consumer, including selling, advertising, packaging, etc.
marketing definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act or process of buying and selling in a market.
- The commercial functions involved in transferring goods from producer to consumer.
marketing - Business Definition
The process of planning and carrying out a program to attract and convince consumers. Marketing includes identifying potential markets, determining an acceptable price, establishing distribution channels, and establishing effective promotions.