- An example of merchandising is what a publicist does for a new movie.
- An example of merchandising is action figures created of movie characters to help promote and profit from a new movie.
The definition of merchandising is the act of promoting someone or something for sale in a retail store or retail setting.
that part of marketing involved with promoting sales of merchandise, as by consideration of the most effective means of selecting, pricing, displaying, and advertising items for sale in a retail store
- The promotion of merchandise sales, as by coordinating production and marketing and developing advertising, display, and sales strategies.
- The sale of merchandise in connection with an established brand, such as a sports team or a film.
- Present participle of merchandise.