- An example of mapping is creating a map to get to your house.
- An example of mapping is identifying which cell on one spreadsheet contains the same information as the cell on another speadsheet.
The definition of mapping is making a map, or a matching process where the points of one set are matched against the points of another set.
Math. a transformation taking the points of one space into the points of the same or another space
- The act or process of making a map.
- Mathematics See function.
- Present participle of map.
mapping - Computer Definition
- Great progress has been made in the scientific mapping of the islands.
- The " wild-cat " wells, sunk by speculators on untested territory or on lands which had not previously proved productive, played an important part in the earlier mapping out of the petroleum fields.
- The task of mapping the coast was largely undertaken by officers of the Indian navy, while the first explorers of the interior were officers of the Indian army quartered at Aden - Lieut.
- By a skilful division of labour, and by the erection of numerous observing stations, the mapping out of the whole coast proceeded simultaneously under the eye of the general director, and in addition a vast mass of magnetic and meteorological observations was collected.
- For the mapping of the whole vast interior, except in rare cases, no data exist beyond the itineraries of explorers, travelling as a rule under conditions which precluded the use of even the simplest surveying instruments.