- An example of mapping is creating a map to get to your house.
- An example of mapping is identifying which cell on one spreadsheet contains the same information as the cell on another speadsheet.
The definition of mapping is making a map, or a matching process where the points of one set are matched against the points of another set.
Math. a transformation taking the points of one space into the points of the same or another space
- The act or process of making a map.
- Mathematics See function.
- Present participle of map.