An example of something magnetic is a personality that attracts people; a magnetic personality.
- having the properties of a magnet: magnetic needle
- of, producing, caused by, or operating by magnetism
- of the earth's magnetism: the magnetic poles
- that is or can be magnetized
- powerfully attractive: said of a person, personality, etc.
Origin of magneticModern Latin magneticus ; from Classical Latin magnes, magnet + -icus, -ic
- a. Of or relating to magnetism or magnets.b. Having the properties of a magnet.c. Capable of being magnetized or attracted by a magnet.d. Operating by means of magnetism: a magnetic recorder.
- Relating to the magnetic poles of the earth: a magnetic compass bearing.
- Having an unusual power or ability to attract: a magnetic personality.
(comparative more magnetic, superlative most magnetic)
- of, relating to, operating by, or caused by magnetism
- a magnetic recorder
- having the properties of a magnet, especially the ability to draw or pull
- determined by earth's magnetic fields
- magnetic north
- the magnetic meridian
- having an extraordinary ability to attract
- He has a magnetic personality.
- (archaic) Having, susceptible to, or induced by, animal magnetism.
- a magnetic sleep