- The definition of magnetic is being attracted by magnetism, or very attractive.
An example of something magnetic is a personality that attracts people; a magnetic personality.
- having the properties of a magnet: magnetic needle
- of, producing, caused by, or operating by magnetism
- of the earth's magnetism: the magnetic poles
- that is or can be magnetized
- powerfully attractive: said of a person, personality, etc.
- magnetically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Of or relating to magnetism or magnets.b. Having the properties of a magnet.c. Capable of being magnetized or attracted by a magnet.d. Operating by means of magnetism: a magnetic recorder.
- Relating to the magnetic poles of the earth: a magnetic compass bearing.
- Having an unusual power or ability to attract: a magnetic personality.
- mag·netˈi·cal·ly adverb
magnetic - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.