- Physics any system having two equal but opposite electric charges or magnetic poles separated by a very small distance
- Chem. a polar molecule in which the centers of positive and negative charge are separated
- a radio or television antenna that is a single linear conductor (commonly equal in length to one half the wavelength at the frequency employed) separated at the center as by a transmission line feedin full dipole antenna
- Physics A pair of separated electric charges or magnetic poles, of equal magnitude but of opposite sign or polarity.
- Chemistry A molecule having two such charges or poles.
- Electronics An antenna, usually fed from the center, consisting of two equal rods extending outward in a straight line.
- diploe, diploë