- a man's closefitting jacket with or without sleeves, worn chiefly from the 14th to the 16th cent.
- either of a pair of similar things
- a pair; couple
- [often pl.] a pair of thrown dice with identical sides uppermost
- a simulated gem produced by cementing together two smaller stones, crystals, or pieces of colored glass
- Linguis. either of two words that derive ultimately from the same source but by different processes (Ex.: regal, royal; skirt, shirt)
- Radio dipole (noun)
Origin of doubletMiddle English from OFr, diminutive of double, origin, originally , something folded, a kind of material: see double