double talkdouble talk
- ambiguous and deceptive talk
- deliberately confusing or unintelligible talk made up of a mixture of real words and meaningless syllables
- Meaningless speech that consists of nonsense syllables mixed with intelligible words; gibberish.
- Deliberately ambiguous or evasive language. Also called doublespeak.
- (idiomatic): Lying, especially in a formal political statement.
- (idiomatic) Speech which combines English and English-sounding gibberish for humorous effect.
- A simple phonetic code with a regular infix that makes meaningful speech sound unintelligible.
- (telephony) A situation when two people talk at the same time, causing overlapping audio signals.
- Alternative form of double talk.