- The definition of charismatic is someone or something with a compelling and charming personality or traits that are attractive and alluring to others.
An example of a charismatic person is someone who everyone likes and wants to be around because of his compelling personality.
- of, having, or resulting from charisma
- designating or of any of various religious groups or movements that stress direct divine inspiration, manifested as inglossolalia or healing powers
- a member of a charismatic group or movement
- a person who supposedly has some divinely inspired power, as the ability to prophesy
- Of, relating to, or characterized by charisma: “the warmth of a naturally charismatic leader” (Joyce Carol Oates).
- Of, relating to, or being a type of Christianity that emphasizes personal religious experience and divinely inspired powers, as of healing, prophecy, and the gift of tongues.
(comparative more charismatic, superlative most charismatic)
- a member of such a Christian movement
From Ancient Greek χάρισμα (kharisma, “grace, favour, gift”) + -ic.