- An example of likewise is, "He is also an excellent athlete."
- An example of likewise is, "They will go to both parties, just as we will attend the communion first and then the wedding."
Likewise is defined as in addition, also or in a similar manner.
- in the same manner
- also; too; moreover
Origin of likewiseshort for in like wise
- In the same way; similarly: “Some have little power to do good, and have likewise little strength to resist evil” (Samuel Johnson).
- As well; also.
- (manner) In a similar manner.
- Public transportation is virtually inaccessible in this country; likewise, its hospitals are also not very user-friendly.
- (conjunctive) also; moreover; too.
- Margaret enjoys playing tennis on Saturdays, Jeremy likewise.
- The same to you; used as a response.
- It was very nice meeting you, Samantha. "• Likewise, Mr Thompson.
Shortened from in like wise; equivalent to like +"Ž -wise.