- Likewise is defined as in addition, also or in a similar manner.
- An example of likewise is, "He is also an excellent athlete."
- An example of likewise is, "They will go to both parties, just as we will attend the communion first and then the wedding."
- in the same manner
- also; too; moreover
Origin of likewiseshort for in like wise
- In the same way; similarly: “Some have little power to do good, and have likewise little strength to resist evil” (Samuel Johnson).
- As well; also.
- (manner) In a similar manner.
- Public transportation is virtually inaccessible in this country; likewise, its hospitals are also not very user-friendly.
- (conjunctive) also; moreover; too.
- Margaret enjoys playing tennis on Saturdays, Jeremy likewise.
- The same to you; used as a response.
- It was very nice meeting you, Samantha. "• Likewise, Mr Thompson.
Shortened from in like wise; equivalent to like +"Ž -wise.