- the position or guidance of a leader
- the ability to lead
- the leaders of a group
- Formal setting (such as within a large corporation) - The leader of the group is usually someone who has been appointed to a high position of authority.
- Informal setting (such as a group of friends) - The leader is someone with personal traits that simply tend to inspire respect.
- Committed to the goals of the organization
- Works well with others
- High level of knowledge and technical skills related to the task at hand
- Demonstrates originality and a long term perspective
- Focused on building strong relationships with others
- Inspires trust and confidence in other members of the group
- An example of leadership is a store manager leading the team to more sales.
- An example of leadership is the ability to take control of a situation and guide people.
The definition of leadership is the position of guiding a group, or the ability to lead.
Leadership can exist in both formal and informal groups. For example:
Character Traits of Leaders
- The position or office of a leader: ascended to the leadership of the party.
- Capacity or ability to lead: showed strong leadership during her first term in office.
- A group of leaders: met with the leadership of the nation's top unions.
- Guidance; direction: The business prospered under the leadership of the new president.
From leader +"Ž -ship.
- Before taking on a leadership position, you should understand how each aspect of your organization runs.
- The effect of this pronouncement was great, and it alarmed the Afrikanders, who at this time viewed with apprehension the virtual resumption by Cecil Rhodes of his leadership of the Progressive (British) party at the Cape.
- Blaine was made a senator from Maine, the leadership of the House of Representatives passed to Garfield, and he became the Republican candidate for speaker.
- During the following years he was engaged in a long struggle with James Buchanan for party leadership in Pennsylvania.
- Holland was founded in 1847 by Dutch settlers, under the leadership of the Rev. A.