- The definition of laden is something that is weighed down, physically or emotionally.
- An example of something laden is a pack mule.
- An example of something laden is a sad person who is overwhelmed with emotion.
Laden pack mules.
laden definition by Webster's New World
- burdened; afflicted: laden with sorrow
laden definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Weighed down with a load; heavy: “the warmish air, laden with the rains of those thousands of miles of western sea” (Hilaire Belloc).
- Oppressed; burdened: laden with grief.
Variant of lade
- to load
- to dip or draw out (water, etc.) with a ladle; bail; ladle
Origin: Middle English laden ; from Old English hladan, akin to German laden ; from Indo-European base an unverified form klā-, to set down, lay, place from source ladle, Old Church Slavonic klasti, to load