Laden pack mules.
- An example of something laden is a pack mule.
- An example of something laden is a sad person who is overwhelmed with emotion.
The definition of laden is something that is weighed down, physically or emotionally.
- burdened; afflicted: laden with sorrow
Now Chiefly Literary to load or burden: ladened with gifts
filled, covered, permeated, or burdened with: flower-laden, metaphor-laden, doom-laden
A past participle of lade.
- Weighed down with a load; heavy: “the warmish air, laden with the rains of those thousands of miles of western sea” (Hilaire Belloc).
- Oppressed; burdened: laden with grief.
(comparative more laden, superlative most laden)
- past participle of lade