- The definition of infidelity is the act of behaving unfaithfully and cheating on a spouse or significant other.
An example of infidelity is when you have an affair when you are married and cheat on your spouse.
infidelity definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the fact or state of being an infidel
- unfaithfulness or disloyalty to another; esp., sexual unfaithfulness of a husband or wife; adultery
- pl. infidelities an unfaithful or disloyal act
Origin: Classical Latin infidelitas ; from infidelis: see infidel
infidelity definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. in·fi·del·i·ties
- a. Unfaithfulness to a sexual partner, especially a spouse.b. An act of sexual unfaithfulness.
- Lack of fidelity or loyalty.
- Lack of religious belief.