- The definition of infidelity is the act of behaving unfaithfully and cheating on a spouse or significant other.
An example of infidelity is when you have an affair when you are married and cheat on your spouse.
- the fact or state of being an infidel
- unfaithfulness or disloyalty to another; esp., sexual unfaithfulness of a husband or wife; adultery
- pl. infidelities an unfaithful or disloyal act
Origin: L infidelitas from infidelis: see infidel
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. in·fi·del·i·ties
- a. Unfaithfulness to a sexual partner, especially a spouse.b. An act of sexual unfaithfulness.
- Lack of fidelity or loyalty.
- Lack of religious belief.