- The definition of an infidel is a person who you consider a heathen because he does not adhere to the religion you believe is the true religion.
When someone does not conform to your religious beliefs, this is an example of someone you might consider an infidel.
- a person who does not believe in a particular religion, esp. the prevailing religion; specif.,
- among Christians, a non-Christian
- among Muslims, a non-Muslim
- a person who holds no religious belief
- a person who does not accept some particular theory, belief, etc.
Origin of infidelMiddle English ; from Middle French infidèle ; from Classical Latin infidelis, unfaithful (in Ecclesiastical Late Latin unbelieving) ; from in-, in- + fidelis: see fidelity
- that is an infidel; unbelieving
- of infidels
- Often Offensive An unbeliever with respect to a particular religion, especially Christianity or Islam.
- One who has no religious beliefs.
- One who doubts or rejects a particular doctrine, system, or principle.
Origin of infidelMiddle English infidele, from Old French, from Latin īnfidēlis, disloyal : in-, not; see in–1 + fidēlis, faithful (from fidēs, faith; see bheidh- in Indo-European roots).
- One who does not believe in a certain religion.
- The Imam said that all non-Muslims are considered to be infidels.
- One who does not believe in a certain principle.
- One with no religious beliefs.