- the land of a farm nearest the farmhouse
- the square area enclosed by the four base lines on a baseball field
- the infielders collectively, or the area covered by them
- ☆ the area inside a racetrack or running track: field events of a track meet are often held on it
in, + field
See infield in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. The area of the field bounded by home plate and first, second, and third bases.
b. The defensive positions of first base, second base, third base, and shortstop considered as a unit.
- The area inside a racetrack or running track.
- A field located near a farmhouse.
Learn more about infield