- the outlying land of a farm
- the playing area of a baseball field beyond the infield
- the outfielders collectively
- The playing area extending outward from the diamond, divided into left, center, and right field.
- Abbr. OF The position played by an outfielder.
- The members of a team playing in the outfield.
- (baseball, softball) The region of the field between the infield and the outer fence.
- He hit a long fly ball to the outfield in the gap to left.
- (cricket) The region of the field roughly outside of the infield or the wicket-keeper, slips, gully, point, cover, mid off, mid on, midwicket and square leg.