hallowed[hal′ōd; in poetry, also hal′ō id]
- Hallowed is defined as to declare sacred or holy, or to honor as holy.
When you attribute religious meaning to the name of God, this is an example of a time when you hallowed the name or made it holy.
- made holy or sacred
- honored as holy; venerated
Origin of hallowedpast participle of hallow
- Sanctified; consecrated: a hallowed cemetery.
- Highly venerated; sacrosanct: our hallowed war heroes.
(comparative more hallowed, superlative most hallowed)
- (sanctified, blessed): unhallowed
- simple past tense and past participle of hallow