- of, like, or suitable for a saint; saintly
- regarded or venerated as a saint
- holy; sacred; hallowed
- Having been canonized.
- Of saintly character; holy.
- Simple past tense and past participle of saint.
(comparative more sainted, superlative most sainted)
- Of or pertaining to a saint; saint-like, reverenced.
- Pope John Paul II, of sainted memory, is a candidate for beatification.
- Used to mark a beloved person mentioned in conversation as being deceased.
- My sainted mother never had an evening dress.
- detains, instead, stained