- To fulfill is defined as to finish a task or agreement.
An example of to fulfill is to complete an order for a customer.
- To fulfill means to make someone happy and content.
An example of to fulfill is to take someone on a vacation they always dreamed of taking.
fulfill definition by Webster's New World
- to carry out (something promised, desired, predicted, etc.); cause to be or happen
- to do (something required); obey
- to satisfy (a condition) or answer (a purpose)
Origin: Middle English fulfillen ; from Old English fullfyllan: a pleonasm: see full and amp; fill
fulfill definition by American Heritage Dictionary
also ful·filtransitive verb ful·filled, ful·fill·ing, ful·fills also ful·fils
- To bring into actuality; effect: fulfilled their promises.
- To carry out (an order, for example).
- To measure up to; satisfy. See Synonyms at perform, satisfy.
- To bring to an end; complete.
Origin: Middle English fulfillen, from Old English fullfyllan : full, full; see full1 + fyllan, to fill; see fill.
- ful·fillˈer noun
- ful·fillˈment, ful·filˈment noun
fulfill - Phrases/Idioms