- producing frost or cold enough to produce frost; freezing
- covered with or as with frost; hoary, glistening, etc.
- cold in manner or feeling; austere; unfriendly
- Producing or characterized by frost; freezing. See Synonyms at cold.
- Covered with frost: looked out the frosty windows on the cold, winter morning.
- Silvery white; hoary: frosty hair.
- Cold in manner; unfriendly: a frosty look; a frosty farewell.
- Lacking enthusiasm: The movie got a frosty review.
(comparative frostier, superlative frostiest)
- Cold, chilly.
- The air was frosty; I could see my breath and walked quickly with my hands in my pockets.
- I'd like a frosty milkshake.
- Having frost on it.
- The frosty pumpkin is the sign of the end of the growing season, soon the greenery will wither and harvest end for the year.
- (figuratively) Having an aloof or inhospitable manner.
- After the divorce, she was civil but frosty to her ex.