To flee is defined as to run away from someone or something to get away from something unpleasant.verb
When you run away from a ghost, this is an example of a situation where you flee.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- to run away or escape from danger, pursuit, unpleasantness, etc.
- to pass away swiftly; vanish: night had fled
- to move rapidly; go swiftly
Origin: Middle English fleen ; from Old English fleon: see flow
- fleer noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
verb fled fled , flee·ing, flees verb, intransitive
- To run away, as from trouble or danger: fled from the house into the night.
- To pass swiftly away; vanish: “of time fleeing beneath him” (William Faulkner).
Origin: Middle English flen, from Old English flēon; see pleu- in Indo-European roots.
- fleˈer noun