- Fled is defined as that you ran away from something, especially something dangerous or undesirable.
When you ran away from a country that was at war, this is an example of a situation where you fled the country.
Past tense and past participle of flee.
- simple past tense and past participle of flee
Variant of flee
intransitive verbfled, fleeing
- to run away or escape from danger, pursuit, unpleasantness, etc.
- to pass away swiftly; vanish: night had fled
- to move rapidly; go swiftly
Origin of fleeMiddle English fleen ; from Old English fleon: see flow
to run away or try to escape from; avoid; shun