Fled is defined as that you ran away from something, especially something dangerous or undesirable.
When you ran away from a country that was at war, this is an example of a situation where you fled the country.
- One army fled and the other pursued.
- Her courage fled to see him framed in his doorway, as seductive by day as he was by night.
- From Ephesus indeed the garrison fled upon the news of Granicus, but Miletus required a siege.
- She was almost able to catch it before it fled her again.
- She all but fled up the stairs to the kitchen, heading towards the iPad.