- An example of stood is what someone working as a cashier in a fast food restaurant has done all day at work.
- An example of stood is what a person who has kept their beliefs has done.
Stood is defined as a person has been on their feet, or has held on to a belief or opinion.
Past tense and past participle of stand
- Simple past tense and past participle of stand.
- There was a bloke stood next to me wearing nothing but sandals.
- He stood and stretched.
- Alondra stood by watching, her expression pleased.
- He stood very still and waited.
- She stood frozen, searching for him.
- He stood and gulped the rest of his coffee.