This child has taken two cookies.
- The definition of taken is unavailable, or having a deep interest in someone or something.
An example of being taken is being in love with someone.
- Taken is defined as to have acquired or gotten something.
An example of taken is to have grabbed the last cookie.
Past participle of take
- Past participle of take
- It must have taken a long time to say good-bye.
- I've not taken a prize in weeks.
- Taken together, those findings suggest that almost all economic growth in the last 120-plus years was from technology.
- The small house in which he had taken shelter was almost between the two armies.
- I've taken up enough of his time.