The restaurant hostess sat the customer at a table by the window.
- The SAT is defined as the Scholastic Assessment Test, now called the SAT Reasoning Test, which is a test that measures the reading, writing and math levels of high school juniors and seniors.
An example of the SAT is the test many students take to get into college.
- Sat is defined as to have sit down or have been seated.
An example of sat is to have seated oneself in a particular seat at the movies.
- Simple past tense and past participle of sit.
- I sat in the middle of the park.
- Finally she slowly sat up.
- She sat up and grabbed her purse.
- They sat down at the table.
- She sat the pan on the table and sat down.
- She sat up and reached for her robe, wondering who might be visiting at this time in the morning.