The chain attached to the anchor is the rode.
- The definition of a rode is the rope or chain attached to the anchor used with a small boat.
An example of a rode is a cable attached to an anchor which is used to keep a boat from moving in the water.
- Rode is defined as to have taken a ride.
An example of rode is to have gone on a bicycle ride yesterday.
Origin of rodefrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps
Origin of rodeFrom Middle English at rode at an anchorage from rode a riding ; see road .
- They rode up the opposite hill.
- They rode in silence through the forest.
- He was an excellent horseman, and rode as if he were part of the horse.
- Jason concurred and rode along.
- They rode back to Atlanta in silence, hers distraught, his pensive.