- simple past tense and past participle of ridicule
Grady was ridiculed by his buddies when he fell off the pool float.
Ridiculed is defined as teased or made fun of.
An example of ridiculed is a child who has been teased about having red hair and freckles.
- It is doubtful whether he is the person ridiculed by Horace (Satires, ii.
- The theorist laid before the joint commission his projet, the result of five years of cogitation, only to have it ridiculed by the great soldier.
- Bibaculus was ridiculed for his high-flown and exaggerated style and manner of expression.
- Bauer ridiculed Strauss's notion that a community could produce a connected narrative.
- Per Thomam Philippum (1686); The Happy Future State of England, by Sir Peter Pett (1688); Great News from Poland (1683), where his religious tolerance is ridiculed; Somers Tracts (Scott, 1812), viii.