An example of lot is a lottery ball.
Her unhappy lot.
- A subdivision of a block in a town or city.
- A parcel of land in a cemetery.
A lot of cars, lots of money.
They're a bad lot.
To spend a lot of money; lots of people think so.
A lot of stationery.
A sorry lot; a bad lot.
A building lot in a city.
To cast lots; to draw lots.
The table was loaded with food, but by evening there was nothing but crumbs; we had eaten the lot.
If I were in charge, I'd fire the lot of them.
An example of lot is someone with sixty pairs of socks, lots of socks.
An example of lot is finishing a marathon one mile ahead of the other runners, to finish a lot ahead.
- A great deal; very much.a lot happier.
- To take one's chances in association with; share the fortune of.
- To decide an issue by using lots.
- The whole of a quantity or number.A dollar apiece, or ten for the lot.