Four china plates.
- The definition of china means dishware made of porcelain or earthenware.
An example of china is a porcelain plate used for special occasions.
- China is a country in Asia.
An example of China is the country with the capital of Beijing.
- porcelain or any ceramic ware like porcelain
- dishes, ornaments, etc. made of china
- any earthenware dishes or crockery
Origin of chinaafter China, where first produced
- country in E Asia: before 1912, the Chinese Empire: 3,696,100 sq mi (9,572,862 sq km); pop. 1,130,511,000; cap. Beijingofficially called the People's Republic of China since 1949
- this country variously from 1912 until the Kuomintang party fled to Taiwan in 1949
- High-quality porcelain or other ceramic ware, originally made in China.
- Porcelain or earthenware used for the table.
Origin of chinaVariant of earlier chiney, from Persian chīnī, Chinese, from chīn, China, ultimately of Chinese origin; akin to Mandarin Qín; see Qin.
(countable and uncountable, plural chinas)
- (uncountable) The root of a climbing plant, Smilax china L., once believed to have important medicinal properties.
- (uncountable) Ceramic or porcelain
- (uncountable) Tableware made from china.
- (countable, music) A cymbal, flattened at the perimeter, about 16 to 20 inches (40 to 50 centimetres) across, that is ridden or crashed to produce a distinctive "trashy" sound.
- A glazed china marble in children's games.
After the country China.
- (Cockney rhyming slang, countable) Mate (i.e., friend).
- All right, me old china?
From china plate.