- A person who has a body temperature of 102 is an example of someone who is feverish.
- A crowd that is shouting and yelling because their team is winning is an example of a crowd that would be described as feverish.
The definition of feverish describes someone whose temperature is too high, or someone who is greatly excited or has high energy.
- having fever, esp. slight fever
- of, like, or caused by fever
- causing fever
- greatly excited or agitated
- a. Relating to or resembling a fever.b. Having a fever or symptoms characteristic of a fever.c. Causing or tending to cause fever.
- Marked by intense agitation, emotion, or activity: worked at a feverish pace.
(comparative more feverish, superlative most feverish)
- In the state of having a fever, to have an elevated body temperature.
- The illness made him feverish, so they applied cold compresses.
- filled with excess energy.
- He worked with feverish excitement.
From fever + -ish