- Exuberance is defined as the state of being overly excited, joyful and happy.
An example of a time when someone might feel exuberance is after the birth of his or her first child.
exuberance definition by Webster's New World
- the state or quality of being exuberant; great abundance; luxuriance
- an instance of this; esp., action or speech showing high spirits
Origin: French exúberance ; from Classical Latin exuberantia ; from exuberans, present participle of exuberare, to come forth in abundance ; from ex-, intensive plush uberare, to bear abundantly ; from uber, udder
exuberance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The quality or condition of being exuberant.
- An exuberant act or expression.