- Exuberance is defined as the state of being overly excited, joyful and happy.
An example of a time when someone might feel exuberance is after the birth of his or her first child.
- the state or quality of being exuberant; great abundance; luxuriance
- an instance of this; esp., action or speech showing high spirits
Origin: French exúberance ; from Classical Latin exuberantia ; from exuberans, present participle of exuberare, to come forth inch(es) abundance ; from ex-, intensive plush uberare, to bear abundantly ; from uber, udder
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The quality or condition of being exuberant.
- An exuberant act or expression.