exuberance[eg zo̵̅o̅′bər əns, -zyo̵̅o̅′-; ig-]
- Exuberance is defined as the state of being overly excited, joyful and happy.
An example of a time when someone might feel exuberance is after the birth of his or her first child.
- the state or quality of being exuberant; great abundance; luxuriance
- an instance of this; esp., action or speech showing high spirits
Origin of exuberanceFrench exúberance ; from Classical Latin exuberantia ; from exuberans, present participle of exuberare, to come forth in abundance ; from ex-, intensive + uberare, to bear abundantly ; from uber, udder
- The quality or condition of being exuberant.
- An exuberant act, expression, or display: “a solid little boy easily embarrassed by the exuberances of his mother” (Doris May Lessing).
(countable and uncountable, plural exuberances)