erector[ē rek′tər, i-]
a person or thing that erects; specif., a muscle that causes erection
- One that erects: an erector of skyscrapers.
- A muscle that makes a body part erect.
- A person who, or a device which erects.
- (anatomy) Any of several muscles that make parts of the body erect.
- An attachment to a microscope, telescope, etc. for making the image erect instead of inverted.
- (astronautics) A vehicle used to support a rocket for transportation and for placing the rocket in an upright position within a gantry scaffold.